|Looking for ways to help out? Check out the to-do list, and add any other tasks that need to be done.|
|This article or section contains non-canon information.|
|This article or section is under construction.|
|This article is in need of image(s).|
See Help:Images for how to place images onto articles. Once images have been added, remove this template from the article.
Onett as it appears in Super Smash Bros. Melee.
Onett as it appears in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
|Appears in||Super Smash Bros. Melee|
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Onett (Japanese: オネット Onett) is a stage in Super Smash Bros. Melee that has appeared in every installment in the Super Smash Bros. series since, excluding Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS. It is based off of Ness's hometown of Onett in EarthBound and it is Ness and Lucas's home stage.
Onett is a walk-off stage with no lower blast lines. The stage consists of the Drug Store in the middle which features two awnings that function as soft platforms. To the right is a blue house with a festoon over it, which acts as a soft platform, and to the left is a yellow house, which has tree branches over it which act as soft platforms.
Stepping on the awnings enough times makes the Drug Store sign tilt, and stepping on it more will make the sign fall off and awnings drop, making the awnings unusable, however after a little while they will respawn back to their original state.
Occasionally cars will pass by from the right of the stage a warning sign signifying that their about to pass. They all deal 30% damage to a player. They are:
- A blue coupe: Launches players fowards and slightly upwards. In Melee it used the "whistle" horn.
- A taxi cab: Launches players straight fowards. In Melee it used the "whistle" horn.
- A pink coupe: Launches players straight backwards. In Melee it used the "two beep" horn.
- The Runaway Five bus: Has a spike effect. Launches groundes players straight upwards, capable of KOing at 90%. Launches airborne players downwards. In Melee it used the "one beep" horn.
Starting with Brawl they have low set knockback and have lost their unique horns.
Various elements from Onett in EarthBound appear on this stage. In the background Ness and his neighbor Porky's house on the hills can be seen. At the top of the mountain is the meteor that landed during the start of the game, although it sticks out of the ground more than it originally did. To the right is is a sign that reads;
|• CAUTION A black van driven by this guy has been spotted racing wrecklessly through town. Be careful!|
The man in the sign is one of the Runaway Five band members Lucky. Past the sign is the arcade where Ness takes on the Sharks and their leader Frank Fly. In front of the stage is a bicycle and also a stand similar to the ones in Twoson's Burglin Park, and baseball field. In the background is a digger similar to the one in Dusty Dunes Desert. Other minor elements in the background include a hotel and a hospital.
The Runaway Five bus is one of the hazards on this stage, and the taxi cab could be referencing the Mad Taxi enemy.
In Super Smash Bros. for Wii U the Ω form takes place on the roof of a taller and wider version of the drug store. On the roof is a trash can that could be referencing when Ninten meets Lloyd in EarthBound Beginnings, where Lloyd is hiding inside a trash can on the roof of the Twinkle Elementary School.
- Using an unrestricted camera hack a riceball can be found hidden behind a flower pot in front of the drug store. This was removed in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Ultimate.
- In Super Smash Bros. Melee the hospital had a red cross emblem. Starting with Brawl the emblem is absent, likley due to the strict policies reguarding usage of the Red Cross emblem, similar to how the localized version of EarthBound also had it removed.
Super Smash Bros. • Super Smash Bros. Melee • Super Smash Bros. Brawl • Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Onett • Fourside • New Pork City • Magicant
Mr. Saturn • Franklin Badge • Ramblin' Evil Mushroom
Jeff • Starman
Trophies • Stickers • Spirits